Four-Channel T1 and Ethernet Multiplexer
The Optimux-4T1-Ethernet multiplexer combines up to four T1 channels and Ethernet link over a fiber optic link.
A pair of Optimux-4T1-Eth units provide a simple and low-cost solution for connectivity over
distances of up to 120 km (74.5 miles).
For transmission reliability, an optional modular second link provides automatic
backup upon link failure. An optional second power supply RAD OP-4T1-ETH provides power
redundancy for failsafe operation.
Each of the four T1 signals on the Optimux-4T1-ETH is transmitted independently, so that each T1 channel
can be set to a different clock source.
Various optical interfaces on the Optimux-4T1-ETH are available on the :
• 850 nm VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) for multimode fiber
• 1310 nm LED for multimode fiber
• 1310/1550 nm laser diode or long haullaser diode for extended range over single-mode fiber
• Single fiber (SF1, SF2 options) using a 1310 nm and 1550 nm laser diode transmitter with WDM technology,
which enables the laser to transmit the signal at a different wavelength than the receive signal
• Single fiber (SF3 option) using SC/APC (Angled Polished Connector) technology, with a 1310 nm laser
diode for single wavelength operation.
To facilitate system diagnostics, Optimux-4T1-Ethernet features LED status indicators, AIS alarm generation and
recognition, and dry contact closure upon link failure.
Setup, control, and diagnostics are performed via a supervisory port using an ASCII terminal, an Ethernet connection to
an SNMP management station, or a dedicated 10/100BaseT Ethernet port.
The Optimux-4T1-ETH ( OP-4T1-ETH )can be managed by:
• RADview-TDM running in a Windows or Unix environment
• ConfiguRAD Web-based remote access terminal.
The power supply is a wide-range AC/DC power supply that can be connected to either an AC power source (100 to
240 VAC), or to a DC power source (–48 VDC).
Optimux-4T1-Ethernet ( OP-4T1-ETH )is a compact standalone unit. A rack mount adapter kit enables installation of one or two
(side-by-side) units in a 19-inch rack.
Optimux-4T1-Ethernet product data sheet (pdf)