ETX-1002 10 Gigabit Carrier Ethernet Aggregation Switch
ETX-1002 10-Gigabit Carrier Ethernet Aggregation Switch
RAD's ETX-1002 is a carrier Ethernet aggregation switch owned and operated by the service
provider and installed at the customer premises. The device is part of RAD’s EtherAccess® portfolio and features
Carrier Ethernet attributes, including Ethernet OAM for proactive SLA monitoring, quality of service (QoS) per
Ethernet flow, advanced traffic management capabilities, and powerful bandwidth profiles for differentiated
services – all starting at the service handoff points.
The ETX-1002 service multiplexing capability enables service providers to deliver
multiple, isolated, services on a per-port and/or per-flow basis. Provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting of each
impacting other services.
ETX-1002 provides an essential combination of QoS, security, and multicast features, allowing service
providers to successfully deploy triple-play services, thus enhancing its competitive
Ethernet OAM is one of the important tools that has upgraded Ethernet technology to carrier Ethernet class.
It enables providers to deliver ‘SONET/SDH-like’ quality over packet-switched networks. ETX-1002
implements the full suite of Ethernet OAM standards, which can be monitored by performance monitoring systems such as
RADview or a third-party tool. The device provides these types of Ethernet OAM:
• Single-segment (link) OAM according to IEEE 802.3-2005 (formerly 802.3ah) for remote management and fault
indication, including remote loopback, dying gasp, and MIB parameter retrieval
• End-to-end connectivity OAM based on IEEE 802.1ag that enables Ethernet service providers to monitor their
services proactively and guarantee that customers receive the contracted SLA
RAD ETX-1002 QOS
ETX-1002 provides a wide set of QoS features that enable the service provider to have granular control over the behavior
of traffic and services in the network.
The unit delivers a comprehensive set of security features for authentication, connectivity, and access control.
ETX-1002 can be managed using the following ports and applications:
• Local management via an ASCII terminal connected to the RS-232 port
• Remote inband management via user or network ports, with Telnet, SSH, or an SNMP-based management system
• Out-of-band management via a dedicated management port.
ETX-1002 COMMAND LINE INTERFACE
Databases and scripts of commonly used commands can be easily created and applied to multiple units using command
line interface. The CLI complies with the de facto industry standard.
The RAD ETX-1002 is used in the following MEF-defined applications:
• Cost-effective metro Ethernet access and aggregation rings
• Triple-play service and broadband aggregation
• Hub & spoke layer-2 fiber aggregation
• Layer-2 VPN service
• High-speed access
• Data center consolidation.
EXT-1002 product data sheet (pdf)